Kiteboarding in Playa del Carmen
Kite is an extreme sport, a passion and a lifestyle, all you need is your passion and wind.
Windy season in Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya goes from November to April.
There are couple of Kite schools in Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya, you can contact them for more informations about their classes.
Usually, this can be an example of the courses:
What will I do in my first classes ? Step 1 or Discovery Kiteboarder Program
- Theory and Safety, use of harness.
- Practice with a real small kite with no power, for your safety, which allow you to feel it
- Safety issues, how works the system, set up, lauching and landing
- Water relaunching, self rescue, first body dragging. What will I do next ? Step 2 or Intermediate Kiteboarder Program
Once you completed the Step 1 or Discovery Kiteboarder Program, Step 2 is the Intermediate Kiteboarder Program
You will start riding on the board:
- On beach kite fly, land, launch and body drag review, first water start.
Step 3 or Independent Kiteboarder Program
Once you have completed this program, you will be able to ride downwind and upwind and be a trylly independent rider ! - Water start, stay up and riding.